A report with an unusually specific release plan
Diablo IV may be nearing its long-anticipated debut on Nintendo Switch 2. The latest report says that Diablo IV: Age of Hatred Collection will arrive on September 15, 2026, two days after BlizzCon concludes in Anaheim, California. It also says the package will include the base game and its two major expansions, Vessel of Hatred and Lord of Hatred, at a reported price of $69.99 in the United States.
The crucial qualification is that this remains unconfirmed. Neither Blizzard nor Nintendo has announced a Switch 2 edition, opened pre-orders or published a product page for the game. Until that happens, the date, price, bundle name and distribution details should be treated as reported plans rather than a release commitment.
Still, the report is more detailed than the earliest claims. Previous reporting based on the same leak suggested a September 15 or September 18 window and raised the possibility of a boxed retail product containing a download code rather than a cartridge or Nintendo Game-Key Card. The newer version settles on September 15 and identifies the collection as the edition expected for the system. Official confirmation will be needed to establish whether a physical retail box, if offered, contains playable media or simply a redemption code.
Why both expansions would make commercial sense
An Age of Hatred Collection would give Switch 2 buyers a comparatively straightforward entry point. Diablo IV launched in June 2023, Vessel of Hatred followed in 2024, and Lord of Hatred became available in April 2026. Selling the three-part package as one edition would avoid presenting Nintendo players with a base game that is years behind the broader Diablo IV ecosystem.
The collection already exists on other platforms as Blizzard’s bundle for new players. It combines Diablo IV with Vessel of Hatred and Lord of Hatred. The first expansion extends the campaign into Nahantu and adds the Spiritborn class, while the second continues the story around Mephisto, adds the Paladin, introduces Skovos and brings broader endgame and progression changes.
That does not necessarily mean all future content would be included. Diablo IV is a seasonal, online service game whose updates, optional cosmetics and paid content can change over time. A collection containing the base game and two expansions would make the platform version current at launch, but it would not settle questions about future expansion parity, season timing or platform-specific features.
Rating evidence has made a port more plausible
The September claim follows several signs that Blizzard has been preparing a Nintendo version. In 2026, Diablo IV: Lord of Hatred was classified for Switch 2 by ratings authorities in Indonesia and Taiwan. Ratings do not guarantee a release date or define the final commercial package, but they are meaningful evidence that a product has progressed beyond simple speculation.
The Taiwan classification was particularly notable because it listed the current expansion rather than only the original game. This fits the idea of a Switch 2 version built around Diablo IV’s present state rather than a stripped-down launch-era release.
Blizzard has also previously acknowledged the possibility of bringing Diablo IV to Nintendo’s newer hardware. Rod Fergusson, the Diablo general manager, said there was an opportunity to do so, while noting that live-service games had historically been challenging on Switch. Diablo IV requires an internet connection and a Battle.net account even for its core experience, which makes online infrastructure and account integration central concerns for any port.
The Switch 2 is materially better suited to current-generation third-party software than the original Switch, but a successful Diablo IV version would still depend on factors not yet explained publicly: performance targets, resolution, handheld battery use, cross-play, cross-progression, social features and download requirements. These details matter at least as much as a release date for a game designed around frequent updates and online activity.
The timing would place Nintendo at the heart of BlizzCon week
BlizzCon 2026 is scheduled for September 12 and 13 at the Anaheim Convention Center. A September 15 launch would therefore follow the event by two days. That sequence would offer Blizzard a clear promotional opportunity: formally unveil the port during the convention, take pre-orders around the event and then quickly convert attention into sales.
However, the timing is also a reason for caution. Major convention announcements often create expectations that are not fulfilled in precisely the form suggested by leaks. Blizzard could announce the game earlier, use BlizzCon for a trailer or gameplay showcase, delay the release, or reveal a different edition structure. No BlizzCon schedule has yet established Diablo IV on Switch 2 as part of the programme.
There is also a strategic argument for a prominent announcement. Diablo has a history on Nintendo hardware: Diablo III arrived on the original Switch in 2018, while Diablo II: Resurrected also launched on Switch. Diablo IV is the series’ most technologically demanding entry and would be a notable third-party release for Switch 2, especially if it launches with its contemporary expansions rather than arriving as a limited version.
What prospective buyers should wait to learn
The current reporting is sufficient to make a Switch 2 version seem increasingly likely, but not sufficient to make a purchasing decision. Players should wait for official store listings and product details, particularly on four points:
- Whether September 15 is the final release date.
- Whether the Age of Hatred Collection includes Diablo IV, Vessel of Hatred and Lord of Hatred on Switch 2.
- Whether retail copies include a cartridge, Game-Key Card or download code only.
- Whether existing Diablo IV owners can use cross-progression, retain entitlements or access the same seasonal content across platforms.
The reported $69.99 price would align the new version with the existing collection’s positioning rather than treating the Switch 2 port as a low-cost late release. That could be reasonable if the two expansions are included, but less attractive if players are asked to buy substantial content separately or if physical retail lacks game media.
For now, the more important development is not the exact September date but the narrowing gap between evidence and confirmation. Ratings listings have suggested that Diablo IV is headed to Switch 2, and a specific collection, price and launch day have now been reported. Blizzard’s next announcement will determine whether the port becomes one of BlizzCon week’s immediate releases or remains an unusually detailed rumour.
Sources
- Switch 2 version of Diablo 4 reportedly releases days after BlizzCon, and includes both expansions — Eurogamer
- Stand Against Mephisto: Pre-Purchase Lord of Hatred — Blizzard Entertainment
- BlizzCon FAQ — Blizzard Entertainment
- Diablo 4: Lord Of Hatred Has Been Rated For Switch 2 In Taiwan — Nintendo Life
- Diablo 4 reportedly comes to Switch 2 next month, but will be a $69.99 code-in-box release — GamesRadar+



